Are you looking to find the best broadband internet providers for Milton Keynes businesses?
Finding a broadband provider that can install a connection that will perform to task, is often easier said than done.
Where do you start? How quick is quick? And how much will it cost?
These are all questions, which once answered, will lead you to selecting the best broadband internet provider.
- What is the average broadband internet speed in Milton Keynes?
- Broadband internet speed statistics for Milton Keynes
- Which areas in Milton Keynes have the fastest broadband?
- Which areas in Milton Keynes have the slowest broadband?
- Top 10 broadband internet providers in Milton Keynes (by average speed)
- Best business broadband internet provider in Milton Keynes = BT
- Choosing a broadband provider
- Broadband FAQs
What is the average broadband internet speed in Milton Keynes?
The average internet download speed in Milton Keynes is 104.6 mbps. This is below both the South East (110.4) and UK (111.6) averages for download speed.
Broadband internet speed statistics for Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes North
Milton Keynes South
Average Download Speed Mbps
Receiving Under 10 Mbps
Receiving Over 30 Mbps
Which areas in Milton Keynes have the fastest broadband?
The following are the top 10 areas with the FASTEST broadband download speeds in Milton Keynes:
Tattenhoe & Emerson Valley
Shenley Wood & Crownhill
Woughton & Woolstone
Fairfields & Grange Farm
Westcroft & Shenley Brook End
Olney & Lavendon
- The top 4 areas (Broughton East, Broughton West, Kent’s Hill, Tattenhoe & Emerson Valley) are also ranking within the top 10 areas for fastest broadband connection within the UK.
- 5 of these top 10 areas (Shenley Wood & Crownhill, Fairfields & Grange Farm, West Croft & Shenley Brook End, Woughton & Woolstone and Olney & Lavendon) are ranking within the top 30 areas for fastest broadband connection within the UK.
Which areas in Milton Keynes have the slowest broadband?
The following are the top 10 areas with the SLOWEST broadband download speeds in Milton Keynes:
Great Linford & Giffard Park
Stacey Bushes & Fullers Slade
Newport Pagnell North
Stantonbury & Bradville
Eaglestone & Fishermead
Oldbrook & Coffee Hall
- All areas in the list above appear within the top 30 areas for worst/slowest broadband internet speed with the UK.
Top 10 broadband internet providers in Milton Keynes (by average speed)
The following are the top 10 broadband internet providers serving Milton Keynes, ranked according to download speed (descending order):
Average Download Speed (Mbps)
Independent Fibre Networks
Best business broadband internet provider in Milton Keynes = BT
BT is the best business broadband provider in Milton Keynes, ranked according speed. There are various options of BT broadband package available to businesses in Milton Keynes.
These are the common features:
- 24 month contract
- Introductory offers to new customers
- Using the Smart Hub 2 hardware (delivered to your door)
- Delivery charge £9.95 (+VAT)
- New customers get a discount, existing customers pay more
BT business broadband bundles available in Milton Keynes
BT Business Bundle Deals
Broadband Only Bundle + Prices
Smart Hub 2
- Minimum speed guarantee
Up to 150mbps
(for data hungry apps)
(for running a small online business e.g. ecommerce)
500 mbps (lightening fast - internet in an instant)
900 mbps (unbeatable, real-time performance)
The fastest broadband package in Milton Keynes is BT Full Fibre with download speeds of up to 900mbps.
Choosing a broadband provider
Test the customer service
Always make sure you sign-up with a broadband provider that excels at customer service.
For the the times when things go wrong it’s always worth the peace of mind to know that your business is in capable, willing and ready hands.
It’s worth paying more to make sure you’ve got the very best behind you and that you have their attention when it matters.
Your internet needs will grow with your business. The concurrent activities: video streaming, conferencing, instant messaging etc.
Just think: the more users, the more bandwidth required.
Be sure to scope out your future needs as well when budgeting.
Remember your phone system
As modern business phone systems are now internet powered, you’ll need to consider your broadband performance in light of your phone activity.
VOIP phone systems needed ample bandwidth to operate properly and you’ll need to ensure your broadband speed is up to scratch.
What broadband speed does my business need?
We’d recommend a connection speed of 500-1000 mbps if you have, say, 30+ people constantly requiring reliable and quick broadband use.
A call centre, IT support service or digital media agency are all examples of businesses that will require the very best internet speeds.
How will my business broadband be installed?
A router is delivered to your business premises and then an engineer will follow up.
The entire process takes a day.